The four-part star PLUS sequence
Diagnosis, vitamin, capsules: Charite doctor answers readers’ questions about endometriosis
In a four-part sequence star PLUS, Charité doctor Sylvia Mehsner answers readers’ questions about endometriosis, a womb illness that impacts tens of millions of ladies in Germany. It begins on Wednesday with half 1 – and answers to a very powerful questions in regards to the prognosis.
Severe ache throughout menstruation, to the purpose of fainting: Endometriosis is an stomach illness through which tissue much like the liner of the uterus grows outdoors the uterus within the stomach cavity. Endometriosis is the second most typical gynecological illness and though it’s estimated to have an effect on roughly one in ten ladies, it takes a median of six to 10 years in Germany earlier than a appropriate prognosis is made. Years of typically ignoring sufferers and dismissing their ache as regular menstrual signs. But ladies should not the one ones affected. Trans, inter, and non-binary individuals who have a uterus also can develop endometriosis.
stern PLUS sequence for endometriosis: Doctor answers readers’ questions
In a four-part sequence star PLUS answers Charite doctor and endometriosis skilled Prof. medical Sylvia Mehsner questions star– Female readers undergo. Mehsner is a professor of endometriosis analysis on the University of Berlin and heads the endometriosis middle there.
In the primary a part of the sequence, which can be revealed on Wednesday, he explains whether or not laparoscopy is necessary for prognosis and the dangers of early intervention. Also: Will endometriosis quickly be identified with a saliva check? The skilled explains the background of the doable check process.
Consequences at a look:
Episode 1: Endometriosis and Diagnostic Options (airing Wednesday, September 21 star plus)
- Is a dependable prognosis doable solely by laparoscopy?
- I learn that endometriosis can quickly be identified with a saliva check. Is this true?
Episode 2: Endometriosis and Nutrition (Released September 28)
- I’ve endometriosis. Can I enhance my signs by eating regimen? What meals are beneficial and what ought to I keep away from?
- Are there dietary dietary supplements, nutritional vitamins or minerals which can be good for endometriosis?
Episode 3: Endometriosis and the Pill (releases October 5)
- Can I do with out hormones endlessly regardless of my endometriosis?
- If I cease taking the tablet, will my signs mechanically worsen?
Episode 4: Endometriosis and Fertility (releases October 12)
- I’ve endometriosis and need to get pregnant naturally. What can I do to extend my probabilities of getting pregnant?
- I learn that endometriosis signs can get higher throughout being pregnant. Do signs recur after delivery?
Next star-Articles, background data and interviews about endometriosis are collected on this subject web page.